Business Development Representative
POSITION SUMMARY: The Business Development Representative at SeQuel Response is an effective sales professional adept at identifying, qualifying, engaging and intriguing prospective clients. Capable of securing time with parties interested in SeQuel’s approach to direct mail, the Business Development Representative will be a consistent performer with an ability to translate complex direct marketing concepts into concise yet informative messaging to C-Suite executives.
- Run primary and secondary research to uncover raw leads that “fit” SeQuel’s primary target profile(s) for direct mail and/or digital marketing campaigns. Pre-qualify those raw leads.
- Contact these pre-qualified prospects (companies) to confirm potential fit, uncover needs for SeQuel services (in-person/phone/email/etc.), identify the influencers/decision-makers, etc.
- Develop a strong understanding of the prospective clients’ businesses to demonstrate how SeQuel’s direct mail and/or digital marketing services can assist them in achieving their business objectives.
- Foster engagement with persistent phone/email/letter contact strategy aimed at decision makers at prospective clients to set discovery calls and/or proposal presentations.
- Lead discovery calls / meetings independently to identify prospective clients’ key needs and pain points. Where applicable, set a follow up proposal presentation.
- Actively collaborate with SeQuel DM strategists or digital subject matter experts to craft proposals that meet each clients’ specific needs.
- Collaborate with SeQuel DM Strategists or digital SMEs to present SeQuel capabilities, case studies, unique differentiators, proposals, etc.
- Responsible for presentation/proposal follow-ups (recaps, preparing/sending SOWs, asking for approvals, etc) up to the kick-off call when it will be passed over to the Strategist/AM team assigned.
- Maintain a clean prospect database and a strong pipeline of potential business, with reporting as requested.
- Other duties as assigned by SeQuel leadership.
- Achieve assigned sales budgets and new customer quotas annually.
- All CRM activity accurate and updated weekly.
- Actively participate in sales meetings.
QUALIFICATIONS AND KEY COMPETENCIES:
- Business degree or related business experience preferred.
- 2-3+ years of sales experience in direct marketing, direct mail/print, database marketing or digital marketing sales is preferred.
- Alignment with SeQuel’s Purpose & Values
- Working knowledge and application of sales methodologies, processes and procedures.
- Strong results with a proven history of creating and increasing revenue by using consultative selling and closing techniques. Adept at a longer, complex business sales cycle— multiple step (RFP, Test, Marketing Overview etc.).
- Strong business and financial acumen successfully applied to distinguish between revenue opportunities that can yield material result and those that hold little promise of success.
- Computer skills in an MS Windows environment. Should be proficient in the use and management of sales database tracking programs, and the use of MS Office.