Senior Marketing Strategist
POSITION SUMMARY: The Sr. Marketing Strategist is responsible for the strategic planning and orchestration of highly effective direct mail campaigns, bearing ultimate responsibility for Client performance, satisfaction, and profitability.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Develop annual direct mail budgets / forecasts on behalf of key clients to set expectations and secure appropriate budget for the channel.
- Maintain a comprehensive Test Roadmap for each client outlining and prioritizing key test opportunities across list, offer, creative and digital variables.
- Design monthly campaign matrices and defend their strategic design, objectives, and role in the overall narrative of channel scale/optimization, ultimately securing campaign/budget approval via a signed Statement of Work (or equivalent).
- Serve as the primary liaison between the Client and SeQuel’s Data and Analytics department, effectively articulating list procurement, modeling, data processing and analytics capabilities and procedures.
- Ingest matchback performance data and prepare client-facing dashboards and deliver presentations complete with digestible highlights, takeaways, and recommendations for future campaigns.
- Build and present/co-present PowerPoint decks for kick-off calls, preliminary snapshot presentations, campaign analytics, business reviews, and various ad-hoc needs to professionally advance a client’s campaign, performance, understanding or satisfaction.
- Provide creative guidance and serve as a value-added contributor to creative strategy and review.
- Host and/or participate in various internal team meetings to keep all departments synced on client status, plans, open-items, to-dos, challenges, performance, etc.
- Confidently and diplomatically address any campaign quality or performance issues, leveraging SeQuel’s values as a guide to communication and remediation.
- Prepare accurate and detailed invoice support docs to equip Finance and Senior Leadership Team with KPIs to analyze and advance the agency.
- Consistently achieve client-specific, personal and company budget goals; with consistent year-over-year increases in each.
- Embrace and deliver on specific company growth initiatives.
- Emulate CLASS Communication and personify SeQuel values.
MINOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the sales process by building test plans/budgets/ramps and persuasively presenting them to prospects with confidence.
- Continuing education on position-specific topics including marketing strategy, analysis, presentation, persuasion, etc.
- Accurate annual budgeting and monthly reforecasting by client, to aide in SeQuel capacity planning and goal creation.
- Complete any duties/responsibilities deemed appropriate by the senior management team.
- Achieve Client test/campaign success ratios (from test to back test to rollout) that meet or exceed SeQuel historical benchmarks and/or new standards.
- Consistently deliver performance improvement of Client campaigns; driving scale and/or optimization based on Client objectives.
- Sustain Client retention rates that meet or exceed SeQuel historical benchmarks and/or new standards.
- Ensure high levels of qualitative Client satisfaction; especially in regard to Strategy and Analytics.
- Steadily and profitably grow your Client base’s contribution to SeQuel’s overall revenue, maintaining a consistent and meaningful upward trajectory.
QUALIFICATIONS AND KEY COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communication or related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years Account Executive experience in an Agency setting successfully juggling the objectives of multiple clients each with 7-figure annual marketing budgets
- Alignment with SeQuel’s Purpose & Values
- Self-starter/strong initiative
- Confident, effective communicator
- Organized, prepared and intentional
- Compelling and persuasive
- Strong relationship builder
- Highly accountable and reliable
- Positive, upbeat and energetic attitude
- Analytical thinker with a keen ability to problem solve
- Skilled in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook